Tuesday, October 11, 2011

September Holidays & Back to Kowie

As our first term at Kowie was coming to an end we were preparing for our first school holidays!  We were heading to Yeppoon to spend the holidays with my family and an extra bonus was that my sister Sarah would be over from London with her new baby little Grace - so as you can imagine I was pretty excited.

The Thursday night before leaving we took the dogs out for a run, as we were pulling back into our driveway the Jimny just stopped - the rear wheel bearing had completely seized up!  There was no way we would be driving out of Kowie the next afternoon.  Pats pulled apart the back wheel to see what our options would be - there wasn't many.  Either stay in Kowie for the holidays (not an option), order the part on line and try and fix it then drive out (wasn't keen on that option) or beg a ride from a couple of the other teachers who were driving out.  Thankfully the four of us were able to make it out to Cairns (not without some dramas) safely on the Friday night.  We then hired a car to get us to Yeppoon.

The 2 weeks in Yeppoon were great, even with all the appointments; doctors, dentist (2 fillings grrrrr), hairdresser you get the idea!  I was so grateful that the holidays timed so well with Sarah and Grace being home.  It was wonderful to be able to spend time with my sister, new niece and also some of my Aunties and Nana.

Gorgeous little Gracie

My beautiful Nana and Grace

Sarah and Grace ready for a stroll on the beach

We were lucky enough that dad was able to drive us and our new quad (more on that later) home.  Unfortunately he was only able to stay a day in Kowie, but this was enough to take him to our favourite place Shelfo - which he quite enjoyed himself, even if he was a bit hesitant about the crocs!

As much as I enjoyed the holidays and spending time with my family - I must admit both Pats and I were happy to get back to our quiet Kowie life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment